Off the mat
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early, and bring your attendance card to every class.
- Wear clean, authorized gi and no-gi training gear without tears or stains.
- Whisper in the hallways. Sound travels easily & may interrupt the class.
- Care for the facility lije it’s your home, because it is.
- Wash your hands before and after class.
- Keep nails trimmed, hair tied back, and remove all jewelry.
- Always use footwear when using the restroom facilities.
- Children not participating in class must be supervised.
- Never walk around shirtless outside the locker rooms / restrooms.
- Use ww.GracieUniversity.com to review yesterday or prepare for tomorrow.
On the mat
- If you’re late, check-in with the instructor before entering class.
- Always respect, encourage, and educate your training partners.
- Watch with good posture, and communicate with a respectful language.
- Select training partners that make you feel safe and comfortable.
- Never feel obligated to spar with anyone; listen to your body.
- Tap early, tap often, and make your partner’s safety a top priority.
- Report any inappropriate, unclean, or unsafe students to the instructors.
- Report all injuries, abrasions, or skin infections to the instructors.
- When nursing injuries, train less, watch more, but come to class.
- Chase the knowledge, not the belt.
For a printable version, click here.